Open When...



Casey is my wonderful, smart, sweet boyfriend of over 6 years now. We started dating in high school after we met on a Confirmation Retreat. We've had the opportunity to grow together and explore the world by each others side and I am so lucky to call him mine.

We recently just celebrated our anniversary, and I had wanted to make something thoughtful for him. He actually recognizes details and appreciates the small things I do so I love taking the time to make little special things.


A long while back I had pinned these "Open When" letters. It was a bad pin, one of those ones that take you to tumblr (grr). But I thought, hey i can make these! They really don't have to be filled with much and they're easy to personalize. So here's what I did for my Open When letters


Click here here or here for the Love Quotes:
Click here for the Funny Quotes:
Click here for the Atlanta Bucket List:
Click here for Online Movie Link:

UPDATE:

Here is a rough picture of the flowchart I drew for "How to get out of a fight"

If you can't read it, it says:
Was it my fault or yours?
(If he says me, I send him back to start)
Then just goes through asking him if he knows why i'm mad, has he apologized (if no, "what are you thinking?")
Then if i'm still mad, "Quick! give me the emergency snickers!" 
And if all is forgiven "I still want the emergency snickers.." 
:)

Comments

  1. Those type of gifts mean so much more than what can be bought at a store. Here's to many more years together!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWwwwwww I bet Casey loved it! Of course your Date night includes Disney Channel movies... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get your "how to get out of a fight flowchart"? I love the idea but can't find anything like it and I don't know what to put when making my own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Accidentally typed my response in a separate comment, but it's down below!

      Delete
  4. hey! I actually thought of that one on my own as a humorous way for casey and I to get out of a little tift. Sorry it's taken me a little bit to find the picture I took of it! but i finally did :) (I guess it's a good thing he hasn't opened that one up yet lol)
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tzd2Vuv0ybs/Um6peSPNljI/AAAAAAAABGU/vRvIPLT66f8/s1600/photo.JPG

    If you can't read it, it says:
    Was it my fault or yours?
    (If he says me, I send him back to start)
    Then just goes through asking him if he knows why i'm mad, has he apologized (if no, "what are you thinking?")
    Then if i'm still mad, "Quick! give me the emergency snickers!"
    And if all is forgiven "I still want the emergency snickers.." lol

    :) hope that helps! Feel free to email me if you want some more personal ideas at shelbyhassberger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it at all possible to post that picture of the fight flowchart as a link, I would love to see it and use it. It's a great idea. And I can't find anything like it.

      Delete
    2. I updated the post to include a picture of it :)

      Delete
  5. I've seen so many Open When cards and am working on one for my best friend. As we are entering High School I thought something like this would help keep us close. I'm struggling to find personal things to add, ( fight flow chart, mood playlists ect.) I'd love to hear your thoughts

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Caitlin! I'm so sorry I had typed up a response and everything on my ipad but guess it never actually went through. I absolutely love this idea for a friend. When I was in high school my best friend and I were always in separate classes so we kept a journal between the two of us that we wrote notes in, filled with pictures and little momentos, and we passed the notebook back and forth to each other between classes. So much more fun than just trying to sneak texts during class since you can keep it and look back on all the conversations!

      For a open when letter for a friend I'd do a movie date envelope - put in ya'lls favorite DVD, a bag of popcorn, some movie tickets, and maybe some candy. Or even a football theme envelope (or whatever sports game is popular at your school)- and fill it with some school themed beads, maybe a face sticker, little cutesy things. If you all have been friends long enough you can do "throwback" envelope (Open when you want to revisit a memory) and put a picture of you two when you were younger and maybe even some of your once favorite things that you since might've outgrown (for me I'd probably put in a Britney Spears CD some bubble tape and glitter pens). I would definitely do a when you need a pick me up and write a really sweet letter to cheer her up!

      Hope this helps! I'll try to brainstorm some more :)

      Here's the journal I keep with my boyfriend that's pretty similar http://dessertfirst-always.blogspot.com/2013/09/surprising-someone-special.html

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts