Valentines For Him


My Valentine's Day box is an update on some classic V-day gifts. Fresh flowers, chocolates, and a romantic movie all make the box, but I've also included a tie//pocket square set, some craft beer, a salty snack, and a frame reminiscent of our European trip. I tried to find items that had masculine packaging - like that great milk bath candle it smells wonderful and can be put out on his nightstand. 

To hold the gifts I found an old wine crate in my garage, washed it out and lined the bottom with clear contact paper - just for good measure. I think the wine crate adds a rustic touch to my gift box that is right on point with my masculine aesthetic.

At the end of the night we can pop in my guy-friendly romantic movie (Walk the Line), light the candles, and munch on the salty & sweet snacks for a perfect Valentine's day.


Building your own box

Be sure to have a variety of items. Different sizes and colors will help the whole box look interesting.


1. Picture frame :: you could always add a novel or a bar book instead, whatever suits your sweetie best

2. Chocolate ::  Packaging is important. Casey loves rocky road ice cream, so this perfectly packed bar was just what I needed. But you could always create your own label to dress up any grocery store bar.

3. Movie :: if you plan on watching it on Valentine's Day there are plenty of guy-friendly rom coms out there, if not get him his favorite movie no matter what genre!

4. Craft Beer :: Whiskey, a growler, or a bottle of vino are great substitutions

5. Candle :: Guys love a great smelling candle as much as we do - they just can't have all the fuss. I found this candle at TJ Maxx for only $4! If you'reTJ guy isn't in to candles, try finding some coasters or whiskey glasses

6. Sweethearts :: This Valentine's Day classic had to make an appearance. Dress them up by placing them in a mason jar wrapped with raffia

7. Flowers ::  This box needs something fresh. A small, understated arrangement of flowers really brightens up this gift. If flowers aren't your thing, try a big jar of oranges to go with some Blue Moon beer.

8. Tie :: I found a great tie & pocket square set at Nordstroms that I couldn't pass up. Casey has just started working so this was a practical gift too.


Tj Maxx, Target, and Trader Joe's all have fabulous finds with unique packaging for you to create your own box.

Just arrange your box any way you choose and wait for your man to be impressed :)



Comments

Popular Posts