Monogram Chevron Cake
It was big/little week in my sorority, so that meant it was time to whip up a cake to welcome the littlest! She's particularly preppy and loves lilly print so we decided to go with a monogram of her name, a chevron pattern, and a 5 point crown for ZTA.
The fondant designs were made using a rolling-pin, food coloring, and a knife. All the designs I free-handed and cut-out. If you don't trust yourself free handing, see Cake templates and make a stencil for your design.
To Make Your Own
1. Sprinkle a little cornstarch on the surface
2. Mix food coloring into white fondant, and knead until color is even.
3. Spread a thin layer of crisco on your surface and on the rolling pin.
4. Roll your fondant to 1/16" thick **
5. Draw you design and cut it out
6. Use fondant glue to adhere it to the surface of the cake
7. TA-DA! it's as easy as play-doh