Valentine's Raspberry Sorbet



Do any of ya'll countdown to Valentine's day? It has to be one of my favorite holidays - it's a complete excuse to be be cutesy and cheesy without getting the banter from you friends. More often than not, I make Casey a big Valentine's day dinner. Since it's a special night though, I try to really pull out all the stops. This year I plan on making herb crusted rack of lamb (if you'd like the recipe, I'll be more than happy to share, just let me know!), grilled asparagus, and lobster bisque soup. For dessert, I'll be making my chocolate cream cake. But to really impress Case, and give him the feeling of being out at a nice restaurant, I want to serve up some Raspberry Sorbet in between courses. 

My best friend Alex had given me a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker for my birthday and once you start making homemade ice cream, it's hard to go back to store bought. The first time I gave my new toy a go I made this raspberry sorbet recipe - I had all the makings for raspberry dumplings and figured the recipe had to be the same-ish. Turns out, my hunch was right. If you have an ice cream maker, old or new, I would definitely recommend trying this recipe! Whether it's to spice up a dinner or just a late night snack - it's cool, refreshing, and satisfyingly sweet!






Raspberry Sorbet

1 package frozen raspberries
½ cup sugar
1 cup water
1 T lemon

Combine sugar and water. When clear, add raspberries and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer covered, for 20 minutes. 

Remove from heat and cool. 






Push raspberry mixture through a sieve to remove seeds, allow to cool completely. 








Pour into frozen ice cream maker bowl. Finish in ice cream maker. Store in container and keep frozen.

*It will be softer than what you are normally used to with store bought because it doesn't have any of the added preservatives or gums that packaged ice creams and sorbets contain. But if you would like it firmer, set it in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before serving. 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts