Atlanta Cupcakeries


Have you ever been cramming for two tests and realized that all you want more than anything in the world is a cupcake? And even though you only have 16 hours until your exams you take the time to drive 25 minutes just to get that cupcake? Then 3 hours later drive to go get frozen yogurt? Just me and my little Lindsey? oh... :)

Well there's nothing worse than that moment when you bite into a cupcake and it just doesn't live up to the fantasy foodgasm you were picturing. Thankfully, last night that was not the case. That cupcake was everything I could have ever needed.

I'd like to consider myself somewhat of a cupcake connoisseur. Ever since my FAVORITE cupcake place, Caryn's Cakes, decided they needed to put their business on hold, I have been scouring Atlanta for a replacement go-to cupcake shop.

I'm so happy to say my search is over.


The Little Cake Bakery 



After running around cupcakeries, this is definitely my new go to. The icing is unreal. Some cupcakes are iced with a traditional buttercream, others with a european buttercream, and then of course cream cheese icing. These guys make such a silky buttercream frosting, and with only the best ingredients - including madagascar bourbon vanilla, that I crave it weekly. The cupcakes are baked daily and they don't see the shelf the next day. Flavors vary daily and seasonally. But they'll always have the best dang vanilla-vanilla cake cupcake (available with and without sprinkles!), chocolate-chocolate cake, and every combination of the two on the top shelf. Their other daily specialty is their Marie Antoinette. It's a white cake, with a raspberry filling, a european buttercream and a buttertoffee topping; sounds odd but is oh so good. The only cupcake that I haven't been crazy about is their strawberry and strawberry champagne cupcake. The flavor just doesn't come through enough. But if you love chocolate, their Snickers cupcake is the real deal. It's a chocolate cake, with a caramel filling, topped with a homemade peanut nugget, with caramel icing that's dipped in chocolate, and finished off with a few peanuts. 



Best cupcake: Vanilla-Vanilla. It's unlike any vanilla cake you've ever had I can guarantee it. The madagascar bourbon vanilla extract really offers a complex twist to a classic.


Overall: 



Comments

  1. I love cupcakes! I'm so happy you like this place and the cupcakes were really good. Yummmm!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute new series Shelbs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts