French Macaroons

Currently, I'm Mad for Macaroons!


I've seen them on Sex and The City, all over Pinterest, and even gracing the pages of magazines, but I admit I had never had a french macaroon before.

Last week while shopping around Lenox Mall, I stopped by a cart called the Macaroon Queen. The clerk was a quirky and beautiful woman with Katy Perry-esque features. She had macaroons glued to her uniform from head to skirt. I felt like I fell into the California Girls music video. Who better to make such a fun and bright little treat?

I decided that her macaroons would be my first - and goodness gracious they were delicious.

For $3.95 I got a bag of 3 macaroons: coconut, chocolate, and strawberry shortcake. She had a multitude of other flavors including raspberry, vanilla, pistachio, salted caramel, and more.


They were crispy, yet chewy and the filling was full of flavor! I hope I'm not too spoiled by my first macaroons. The Macaroon Queen certainly set the bar high. Seriously, I now have a regular craving for those little bite size pieces of heaven.

If you're ever in Atlanta, Ga be sure to go to Lenox Mall and visit the Macaroon Queen yourself!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts