Valentines For Him
My Valentine's Day box is an update on some classic V-day gifts. Fresh flowers, chocolates, and a romantic movie all make the box, but I've also included a tie//pocket square set, some craft beer, a salty snack, and a frame reminiscent of our European trip. I tried to find items that had masculine packaging - like that great milk bath candle it smells wonderful and can be put out on his nightstand.
At the end of the night we can pop in my guy-friendly romantic movie (Walk the Line), light the candles, and munch on the salty & sweet snacks for a perfect Valentine's day.
Building your own box
Be sure to have a variety of items. Different sizes and colors will help the whole box look interesting.
1. Picture frame :: you could always add a novel or a bar book instead, whatever suits your sweetie best
2. Chocolate :: Packaging is important. Casey loves rocky road ice cream, so this perfectly packed bar was just what I needed. But you could always create your own label to dress up any grocery store bar.
3. Movie :: if you plan on watching it on Valentine's Day there are plenty of guy-friendly rom coms out there, if not get him his favorite movie no matter what genre!
4. Craft Beer :: Whiskey, a growler, or a bottle of vino are great substitutions
5. Candle :: Guys love a great smelling candle as much as we do - they just can't have all the fuss. I found this candle at TJ Maxx for only $4! If you'reTJ guy isn't in to candles, try finding some coasters or whiskey glasses
6. Sweethearts :: This Valentine's Day classic had to make an appearance. Dress them up by placing them in a mason jar wrapped with raffia
7. Flowers :: This box needs something fresh. A small, understated arrangement of flowers really brightens up this gift. If flowers aren't your thing, try a big jar of oranges to go with some Blue Moon beer.
8. Tie :: I found a great tie & pocket square set at Nordstroms that I couldn't pass up. Casey has just started working so this was a practical gift too.
Just arrange your box any way you choose and wait for your man to be impressed :)